2019–20 FAFSA® Form Available With More Mobile Options
The 2019–20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form is available to students and parents to complete through the myStudentAid mobile app and the fafsa.gov website.
myStudentAid Mobile App
New! You can complete the 2019–20 FAFSA form using the myStudentAid app. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). The myFAFSA component—which is used to complete the FAFSA form—is the app’s featured function. Note: If you downloaded the app prior to Oct. 1, you must download an update to access the 2019–20 FAFSA form.
The following are key features of myFAFSA in the October update:
- Students and parents may begin, complete, and submit a new or renewal FAFSA form for the 2019–20 FAFSA processing cycle.
- You’ll be offered a customized experience based on your role (student, parent, or preparer). The app provides guidance on how to complete the FAFSA questions.
- You’ll have a secure experience with the same data protections as completing the FAFSA form through fafsa.gov.
- Students and parents may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) to electronically transfer federal tax return information into a FAFSA form.
- You may be eligible to transfer your FAFSA information into your state aid application. Participating states include Iowa, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.
- You’ll be able to view additional information about the schools you selected on your FAFSA form for easy comparison of schools.
In addition, the myStudentAid mobile app provides links to the following services:
- Profile: manage username and password (FSA ID)
- myFederalLoans: view federal student aid history
- myCollegeScorecard: view and compare information about schools
- Contact Us: get in touch with Federal Student Aid contact centers to have questions answered
- StudentAid.gov: access Federal Student Aid’s key source of information about the federal student aid programs, application process, and loan repayment options
Redesigned, Mobile-friendly FAFSA® Website
The fafsa.gov website has an updated look with new colors and has been redesigned so that the site pages will fit the screen size and shape of any device, including desktop or laptop computers and mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. You can now complete the FAFSA form on a mobile device with the same ease as on a desktop or laptop computer.