(918)642-3295 Ext. 212
I would like to acquaint you with your child’s teacher, school and class. My name is Kelley Brumley. I am married to Bill and we have 3 children. This is my 31st year to teach. I was raised in this community and live in the country between Ralston and Hominy.
The time has come for your child to begin a new school year. The summer went by quickly, but hopefully everyone is eager to return. I encourage you as a parent to come by the school or call me anytime you feel it is needed. If I am unavailable just leave a message. I check my voice mail regularly. I can’t stress enough how important 1st grade is. Your child is important to me. I will do my best to help your child learn. Here are a few pointers that will help your child’s 1st grade year be a success and at the same time, help me out, too!
- Get your child to school every day unless they are ill. Please be here on time!
- If your child has to leave school during the day for any reason, please send written permission or call the office. Be sure your child knows what they are supposed to do after school. Please take care of this in the morning. Call if change is necessary.
- If your child is to go home with someone else or in a different way than normal, we must have written permission.
- DO NOT SEND TOYS OF ANY KIND TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR CHILD!
- Please do not send birthday invitations to school unless you send one for everyone in the class.
- If you would like to send “birthday treats” or “just because treats” you may. We always love treats!
- First graders do go outside if weather permits. Please see that your child is dressed accordingly. Coats, gloves, etc. Make sure their name is in all coats and jackets.
- Your child will need a backpack. Make sure it is labeled with their first and last name.
- HOMEWORK! Plan on your child having homework every night- except on the weekend. Please help your child with their homework and see that they return it to school the following day. If the homework isn’t returned he/she will do it during their playtime. We are teaching RESPONSIBILITY!
- Take Home Folders A folder will be sent home each day with homework, notes, and completed work. Send the folder back each day with the completed homework inside. Keep all other papers at home. Make an effort to empty your child’s folder daily!
- Newsletters and spelling information will be sent home on Monday in their Take Home Folder.
- Sight Words We will be sending home Sight Word lists and or flashcards periodically with your child. You and your child need to work on these words until they are mastered.
- Math Facts Throughout the year we will be working on certain facts. I will send home flashcards and practice sheets for them. These facts will need to be memorized! They will be tested on them at school.
- Decodable Stories These small paperback stories will come home on a regular basis. Please let your child read the book or books to you, then initial or sign the book and return it to school.
- Discipline Usually, I don’t have many problems in this area. However, I do expect your child to be respectful and follow the rules. They do not have the right to interfere with the learning of others! Most discipline problems occur during recess, P.E. or in the restroom. Please remind your child that they are responsible for their actions!
- If you have a problem, come to me first!
I am looking forward to having your child in my class. If you ever have any questions, call or come by and we can visit. The school number is (918)642-3295. The toll free number is (888)593-7222. My extension is 212.